What are you thankful for?

A female in a U.S. Air Force uniform stands in front of the coffee bar while posing for a photo.

What are you thankful for? We asked the people of USU and this is what they said:

A man poses for a photo in the student lounge.
“I’m most thankful for the health, safety and happiness of my family,” said U.S. Army 2nd Lt. Marco Jose Dela Cruz, USU 2nd year medical student. (Image credit: Joseph Pagan)

A female in a U.S. Navy uniform poses for a photo outside in front of the woods.
“I’m thankful for all of my families – my actual family, my Navy family and my USU family,” said U.S. Navy 2nd Lt. Carolyn Gibbons, USU 1st year medical student. (Image credit: Joseph Pagan)

A female in a U.S. Air Force uniform stands in front of the coffee bar while posing for a photo.
“I’m most thankful for spending time with my family, and of course, the days off from work,” said U.S. Air Force Staff Sgt. Ursula Jones, USU client systems technician. (Image credit: Joseph Pagan)

A man poses for a photo while sitting on a brick wall in the courtyard of the university.
“My cooking is the best, especially my mac and cheese. It has five cheeses, bacon and green onions. It’s going to be great,” said Darrius Hawkins, USU Midtown Café barista. (Image credit: Joseph Pagan)

A female in a U.S. Navy uniform is at her desk working. She’s laughing and looking toward her computer.
“I love to eat duck. It’s much juicer than chicken,” said U.S. Navy Chief Petty Officer Lynsay Pallas, USU brigade operations. (Image credit: Joseph Pagan)

A man in a U.S. Navy uniform poses for a photo outside in front of the University logo.
“I’m ready to be home for Thanksgiving for the first time in four years. It’s been a long time since I’ve eaten my mom’s mac and cheese,” said U.S. Navy Petty Officer 3rd Class Erich Schnarr, USU information systems technician. (Image credit: Joseph Pagan)

Two female Airmen are embracing each other with coffee in opposite hands. They are posing for a photo outside in front of the woods.
“I’m excited to watch the [Washington] Redskins game versus the [New York] Giants at the stadium,” said U.S. Air Force Capt. Angela Phillips, USU Graduate School of Nursing student, left.
“I’m thankful to be able to see my family and eat broccoli and cheese casserole,” said U.S. Air Force Capt. Elizabeth Belleau, USU Clinical Psychology doctoral student. (Image credit: Joseph Pagan)

A female on the left, wearing medical scrubs covers her face while laughing at a man in a U.S. Navy uniform. They are standing in front of the entrance to the university’s medical clinic.
“I’m thankful for being able to spend time with my children and dog,” said Kristina Drew, USU Clinic medical assistant, left.
“I’m thankful for my friends and family, and eating my sister’s apple pie,” said U.S. Navy Petty Officer 3rd Class Marcelino Mendez, USU Clinic hospital corpsman. (Image credit: Joseph Pagan)